At MPR I am able to work on new technologies and invent improved ways to manage everyday products supporting the medical industry and consumers.
In MPR’s Heath and Life Science business, we are working to meet the challenges of the 21st century healthcare system.
We help customers accelerate time to market for breakthrough medical technologies, reduce risk for patients and caregivers, improve operational efficiencies in R&D and manufacturing, and ensure regulatory compliance.
MPR brings hands-on expertise with a wide range of medical technologies:
- Medical devices – single use devices and tools, implantable devices, imaging systems, robotics, electro-mechanical and fluidic systems
- Diagnostics– sample acquisition, assay implementation, measurement/reader technology, work flow, and data management
- Mobile health – sensor integration, connectivity, geolocation, cloud integration, web-based and smartphone interfaces
- Drug delivery – container-closure systems, parenteral drug manufacturing processes, packaging, and tracking technology
Planning and Strategy
MPR brings the technical, business, market, and regulatory insights needed to develop optimal commercialization strategies. Based on deep experience and proven success, MPR's team provides:
- Strategic market research and user needs discovery
- Product development strategy
- Go-to-market planning
Continuous Improvement and Sustaining Engineering
When product performance or manufacturing efficiency does not meet expectations, clients count on MPR to provide actionable guidance to get back on track. MPR provides the leadership needed to assess risks, understand gaps, and define a path for improvements with:
- Root cause analysis
- Reliability and process improvement
- Regulatory and quality systems compliance
Lean Innovation and Development
Lean product development requires quick iterations of product concepts as ideas are developed, refined, and tested with end users to discover the real opportunities for innovation. Leveraging reference designs, in-house rapid prototyping, and the creative energy of our team, MPR creates hardware and software prototypes in as little as 2 to 4 weeks. Through our strategic process, MPR applies engineering, science, and design to de-risk development and optimize time to market with comprehensive FDA regulatory compliance. MPR’s quality system is ISO 13485 certified and fully compliant with FDA’s design control regulation.
Usability and Human-Centered Design
Human factors and usability is integrated with our systems and user-centered approach to deliver award winning products that are safe, intuitive, and delightful to use. We partner with healthcare providers to engage clinicians in the actual healthcare environment to understand their needs and constraints. MPR’s usability engineering process provides:
- Workflow research, task analysis, and use risk analysis
- User interface design
- Formative evaluations
- Human factors validation testing
Connectivity and Cloud Integration
As healthcare moves out of the hospital, into the home, and onto the patient, MPR’s mobile health experts strategize, innovate, and implement hardware and software solutions to improve health outcomes and lower the cost of care. We bring connected solutions to healthcare with:
- Cybersecurity risk assessment and compliance
- Connectivity integration with cellular, wireless, and Bluetooth
- Cloud data integration and analytics
- Mobile device software for iOS, Android, and custom platforms